RSS

Party Details

Now that Grace's party is over and we've gotten some rest, I thought I'd share some of the things I made for her party. The theme was cupcakes and I made a lot of cupcake themed items.
I made this yummy banner with my Cricut. Love it! One reads "Happy Birthday" and the other reads "Grace."



I made cupcake centerpieces. I bought the buckets for less than a $1 each at Party City. I cut out the cupcakes using my Cricut and glittered each one. I filled the buckets with jelly beans so they wouldn't fall over and to cover the green foam.

I made cupcake toppers. I used cupcake clipart and each cupcake topper said, "Grace's 1st Birthday." I made strawberry, lemon, and chocolate cupcakes. I used a frosting recipe I found on Rachel Ray's website. It was yummy!
The favors were really fun to make. I bought frame magnets from Walmart. Then I used scalloped cardstock and foam cupcake stickers. A co-worker found these stickers in the dollar section of Target and bought them for me. There were about 6 or so per package. I made half with a picture of Grace and half with no picture.

I loved how everything came out. This was my first time making party favors and decorations. I loved how the theme was carried out in everything. I don't know if I'll do it again though...it was a lot of work and I had to get started early to make sure everything would be done and I'm not sure I actually saved money. I don't think I'll have this kind of time to craft when I have two little ones running around.
Blessings!
Beth
p.s. coming soon...ultrasound scrapbook layouts!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Cyndi and I am looking to make some cupcakes for a birthday party. I have a cricut. Yet I can't find the images I am looking for. Do you mind sharing what you used to make yours. They are so cute. You can email me at crautrey@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails