RSS

New Layouts!

Right when I learned that I was having a boy, all of the sudden I was motivated to scrapbook again! The first thing I wanted to do was by a scrapbook album for this baby. In the last three days, in between Grace's nap times and after her bedtime, I made six layouts!
I did need a little inspiration...I was a bit rusty. I used sketches from the Got Sketch blog. I love Valerie Salmon's sketches. They are simple and highlight the pictures. I don't like layouts that are all about the design and where you feel like the pictures are the afterthought.
This layout was taken from this sketch:

<span class=

This double layout documents when we first found out we were pregnant and baby's first ultrasounds. After we got over the shock, we were pretty excited. Even though it seemed so soon, we know the Lord's timing is perfect.

This sketch inspired the next layout.


<span class=


Oh, I used baby boy themed K and Company scrapbook paper for these layouts. This layout highlights the 2nd round of ultrasounds. Since my pregnancy with Grace was considered high risk, there were a lot of ultrasounds at the beginning of this pregnancy to establish that all was well. And it was. So luckily no weekly appointments will I was out of the first trimester.


This sketch was a bit girly, but I adjusted it so it would fit a baby boy layout.

<span class=

I wasn't supposed to get an ultrasound at this visit, but the midwife (my OBGYN was out of the office) couldn't hear the heartbeat so she pulled out the ultrasound machine. I love this ultrasound because it looks like the baby is waving hello.

I love this sketch because it's a double layout spread and it fits lots of pictures.

<span class=


This is the set of ultrasounds where we found out it's a boy.

Next of my list of scrapbooking? I have some ideas for chipboard albums to sell. And I am really behind with Grace's albums. This is my last week of vacation...Yes, say it isn't so!! I am still in denial about it. I just want to make sure I enjoy this week as much as I can, rest, and get as much done too. Tall order!
Blessings,
Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails