RSS

Welcome Baby Grace!

Gosh, it's been a long time since I've posted! It's been crazy! Well, our sweet baby Grace finally made her debut. She was born Friday, July 23rd at 9:33am. Weighing in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces and 20.5 inches.
She is so precious and just like that our lives have been forever changed by this amazing little girl.
My O.B. decided to induce me Thursday, July 22nd because I was already overdue and my amniotic fluid was dangerously low. We left the doctor's office, went home, took the dogs to get boarded, loaded up our hospital bags, and headed to the hospital. The O.B. was going to do a procedure on me with a foley bulb, which is like a balloon to help me dilate. I was still only 1 centimeter dilated at the time. We arrived at the hospital at around 2pm and at 4pm they started the procedure. I was warned that if it was successful, it could talke up to 72 hours to get me dilated to 5 centimeters! By 10pm that night, I was at 5 centimeters! They took the bulb out and gave me an epidural. No way was I going to proceed without one! Hats off to all you ladies out there who give birth without one! Thanks to the epidural, I was able to sleep through most of the night. By 8am Friday morning, I was at 10 centimeters and ready to push. I pushed for an hour and a half. Grace was born at 9:33am. We instantly fell in love with her the minute we laid eyes on her. So precious! What an experience!

Since then, we have been enjoying Grace. She is so sweet and such a great baby. She sleeps, eats, poops, and pees. The normal stuff. She is starting to have more awake/alert time. It's so much fun bonding with her. I'm doing well. Tired, but with such a feeling of elation. Thankfully, the last three nights, she has slept through the night. I've had to wake her to feed her.
Daddy is smitten! He said he was so overwhelmed with emotion the moment he laid eyes on her. He has such a way with Grace and she recognizes her daddy's voice. It's sweet to see her stare at him when he talks to her or she hears his voice. She is such a joy!
Praying you have a blessed week!
Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails